(1) The heat transfer efficiency is high, and the boundary layer is constantly broken due to the disturbance of the fin to the fluid, so it has a large heat transfer coefficient; At the same time, due to the thin baffles and fins with high thermal conductivity,
the plate-fin heat exchanger can achieve high efficiency.
(2) Compact, due to the expanded secondary surface of plate-fin heat exchanger, its specific surface area can reach 1000 m2/m3.
(3) It is lightweight because it is compact and mostly made of aluminum alloy. Now steel, copper and composite materials have also been produced in batches.
(4) With strong adaptability, the plate-fin heat exchanger can be used for the heat transfer between gas-gas, gas-liquid,
liquid-liquid and various fluids as well as the phase change heat transfer with the change of concentration.
The arrangement and combination of flow channels can adapt to different heat transfer conditions such as countercurrent, cross-flow,
multi-stream flow and multi-pass flow.
The combination of series, parallel and series-parallel between units can meet the heat exchange needs of large equipment.
In industry, it can be finalized and produced in batches to reduce costs and expand interchangeability through block-type combination.
(5) The manufacturing process is strict and complex.
(6) It is easy to block, not resistant to corrosion, and difficult to clean and repair, so it can only be used in occasions where the heat exchange medium is clean, non-corrosive, not easy to scale, not easy to deposit, and not easy to block.